Very rarely do I find the time to check the raw access logs for my websites. This is mainly because I’ve got Google Analytics installed and since they provide pretty much all of the information I require, the need to check my server logs is not really necessary.
The server logs revealed that it has requested a significant amount of pages and I thought that google was really loving my website and decided to do a deep crawl but in reality, somebody was stealing content off my site. You can guess my frustration! I have now blocked the IP address through htaccess but I will be checking my raw access logs more often in an attempt to ban future leechers. If you’re a leecher and reading this, beware because I’m on to you now!