More changes to question/answer website

The previous changes that I made were successful and the CTR is now between 6-8% but the problem I am having is lack of targeted ads on the website. So I’ve decided to use google section targeting to emphasise which content I want ads to be pulled out from. I’ve focused on h1 tag, the content itself and added a weight=ignore tag to the navigation menu.

I’ve also fixed the problem with line breaks in the description meta tag (i was using an escape character “/” which was not needed in the php regular expression code).

I’ve also added a new link unit to the navigation and I’m curious to see how this will now perform. I’m hoping to will drive category related ads to the question being asked but I can’t be sure until I’ve tested it.

comments powered by Disqus